Santa's Secret

Few people know the truth of Santa and how he delivers every present in one night,
To every child in every country, to see his speed must be some sight.
I am one of the lucky ones Santa chose to meet,
He came to my room one Christmas Eve and it was with delight to him that I could greet.
I opened my window and joined him in his sleigh and his reindeer started to prance,
The ride was smooth while we travelled in mid-air but at all the Christmas lights I could only glance.
We were going faster than lightning and soon we arrived at what was a very cold place,
The snow was gleaming and fairies and pixies danced and a wide grin spread across my face.
When I saw a small house in the distance it confirmed that I knew where we were,
We were at the North Pole where Santa had his workshop and everything was pure.
Santa Claus was jollier than I imagined as he lead me to his house,
He told me jokes and we chatted like merry old mates while on the snow I watched a dancing mouse.
When we went inside the hut we sat around the fire chatting over a cup of tea,
His house was warm and cosy and I greatly admired the grand red tapestry.
I then asked Santa where he got all the presents he delivered from and up we got to go to the workroom,
We followed a small underground tunnel and ended up in a larger-than-the-house room.
The chamber was packed and busy, full of hard-working elves,
They carried boxes and took out toys and sorted things on certain shelves.
Santa told me that he got different toys from every toy-factory on Earth,
He read all the wish-lists then instructed his elves and whether hand-made or bought a toy was given a birth.
then his helpers made the toys otherwise ordered them and then gave them a rebirth.
I then asked Santa how he delivered everything in one night to every child on every continent,
He asked if I could keep a secret then decided I was competent.
We went out the tunnel and back into the house, then straight to the nearest room,
The walls were made of rich velvet and on the lavish elm table stood a vase in which flowers were in bloom.
But then I gasped and my eyes went wide as I got a huge surprise,
For I saw five more Santas at the table and I wondered if they were in disguise.
Santa told me they were his brothers and then I understood,
When I moved to Italy next year a different Santa Claus would deliver to me, that is, if I was to be good.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!