Warraville

The blazing sun beat down on the two poor travelers. They were in a desert that seemed to never end. But, when all hope was near extinction, a small town came into action, a small town called Warraville.

This town had many legends, one that stood out was this; A young man, homeless and hungry was wandering around the very same desert, with very little, he was in desperate search of food or water. Then, out of nowhere, this town, warraville, appeared out of nowhere. The man hurried towards it with all his remaining strength and collapsed when reaching it. People say he walked in, but never came out. Alot of people say he died of sickness, some believe he was shot. But no one thought of anything else.

These two travelers, Cindy and Dywan, knew about this legend, Dywan didn't believe it but Cindy did. As the town grew closer and closer, Cindy felt something through her spine. A sign of bad luck. This was a common thing between their family, it usually ment bad luck or near death. She grabbed him and whispered "I have a bad feeling about this place. I don't know if we should go in, I had my spine tingling again." Dywan replied "C'mon it can't be that bad can it?" With that he sprinted off into the town, Cindy's distant screams where full of sadness.

Cindy returned home, miserable and tired. Trying to forget the loss of her husband and how he might not ever return. Every year, on the same day, very faintly, she can hear the distant screams of her husband, calling her for help.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!