Nearly Gone

Jack was a teenage boy, who was playing a game of hockey, their was 30 seconds on the clock jack miss hit the ball the goalie came charging out at him he sprinted at the ball he flicked the ball over the goalies head and tripped over his pads and scored then the whistle blew jacks team had won!

The next day at school one of jack’s friends said that he saw a strange man disappear under a mound of dirt. Jack and a girl were nominated to go and have a look when the got there they found a note and read…

“Matey we will give you the bomb on Sunday afternoon you will then detonate the nuclear bomb on Monday and may that land never grow again from You Know Who.”
“Wow that was a scary letter.” announced jack, “who are you”
“I am Micala and who are you.”
I am jack the man is bad I thin we should lay a trap for him don’t you,” suggested jack
“Yes I think we should,” responded Micala.

The next day Jack received a letter from Micala reading “everything is ready meat me at two j”

Jack had sketched thee aria and worked out what to do. At 2.00 jack met Micala at the crime scene they both set up the trap within minutes. Then the man headed around the corner` he saw jack, he saw Micala and he saw the note the kids knew what he was going to do they knew everything. He grabbed out his knife charged at the kids and then tripped over the trip wirer and set off the trap

Jack and Micala noticed at the last moment and saw the man launch into the air
“Sweet it worked,” shouted Jack. The man was taken to custody and was sentenced to death, Jack and Micala were rewarded with one hundred dollars.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!