Old Age

Waking up to see a bundle of presents - you usually expect this.
But one day you find there are no presents.
No cheery faces. Just you and long days ahead.
You get out of bed and do all things you usually do in the same order as always.
Eat your breakfast, brush your teeth and then comb your hair.
You sigh and wish your family was here to be with you
And you remember the day they left you.
Or maybe you left them...
Anyway it doesn’t matter now because no one cared about you in the first place.
They don’t even remember your birthday even though you remembered theirs.
Walking into your living room you open the curtains letting the morning sun streak in.
“HAPPY BIRTHDAY!”
You jump and turn around. Your family is smiling holding out presents. Then you think maybe it is just you...
And your old age.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!