Kneading You - Based On A True Story

Memories flit like caged butterflies.
I remember when everything was wrong and upside down. My only hope was family; everyone else didn’t really like me.
In my family I had:
A mother called Jane, a father called Martin, a brother called
Luke and of course myself, Elouise.
And then there was my cat: Kitten.
My family thought differently when it came to Kitten. They sometimes thought of him as: a maid, being wise, or maybe a gladiator.
Though I always thought of him as...a hero.
Even though I had no friends.., or hope...
I had my Kitten.
Kitten and I did everything together. Whether it was homework, housework or playing hide and seek...
He was always there for me no matter what.
The other cats had their own things to do, like sleeping, eating or asking for attention.
But Kitten was different from the other cats. He fitted into the family quite well.
Kitten loved going outside. He especially loved hunting bees, though most of the time the bee would hunt him.
Kitten loved being inside too. He loved tearing up some of Mum’s clothing.., and most of the time it was new expensive clothing!
Then along came... MUM! And she chased him out the cat flap door.
But the one thing Kitten loved most was to jump onto his blanket and lie in the sun.
When I walked home from school every day I ran up to my room where I would always find him. Though I never disturbed him.
Kitten was waiting for someone...
At night he would creep into my room and snuggle up beside me...
But that all changed in just one day. My life would never be the same again...
My day started like usual: I dressed in my school uniform (forgetting to do my shoelaces), ate breakfast and went to school...
The sun travelled the sky...
But when I arrived home I was too late...
Fate had rolled the dice.
At first I thought Kitten was asleep. But then I realised he was gone.
Now all I had were memories.
My family mourned for him and we buried him, planting a beautiful tree in his memory.
Even though everyone says: “He has gone to heaven where he belongs,” or something like that, I still believe he is here.
Waiting for someone...
…waiting for me.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!