NIBBLES AND CHOMPA! The Holiday Disaster

One sunny day Chompa the border collie woke up to Nibbles the golden retriever barking at the birds chirping a morning tune. “Chompa, Nibbles breakfast time!” yelled Alantia. “We’ve got to go soon!” exclaimed Alantia. Chompa looked up at the bright blue sky then the golden sun, he looked down at the lime green leaves on the trees, then at the beautiful flowers and he felt relaxed. Nibbles ran to the grass and rolled around and she said “Spring, isn’t it magnificent Chompa!” as she sniffed the lovely pink roses. “It sure is Nibbles!” said Chompa and he too rolled about in the grass and sniffed the roses.
“Chompa, Nibbles time to go to Moonta!” shouted Alantia. She ran outside with an empty suit case and put their dog food in, toys and treats. Dad walked out with leashes and put them on Chompa and Nibbles, took them to the car, pushed the dogs in the back with everything else, opened up a window and drove off to Moonta where they were having a holiday. Chompa fell asleep straight away.
The next day they went to a great big waterfall. They walked up to the top but all of a sudden Nibbles had a little slip and fell into the waterfall and fell down. Chompa ran over but he too fell down and down and down with Nibbles. The family ran down but saw no dogs. They decided to go home. The dogs swam out and Nibbles ran but the car was gone. “Great I’m stuck with you!” yelled Chompa, but Nibbles was chasing the car as it vanished.
Nibbles came to a halt. She turned around and ran back. “So what do we do now?” sobbed Nibbles. Nibbles started to whine. “Please don’t cry Nibbles, we’ll get out of here,” Chompa said. Nibbles then looked up and said “We’re going home.” So Nibbles and Chompa started their journey across lands where they could have adventures.
They came across a big bear. “Right you howl behind a bush then I’ll run across the bridge and say something so he’ll chase me across the bridge. Then when he’s over you jump over, try to get back to me, go opposite ways and then when he’s gone we go back and continue home,” Nibbles whispered. “OK,” replied Chompa. So Chompa walked behind a bush and said “AWOOOOOOH AWOOOOOOH!” the big bear walked to the bush. Nibbles ran over the bridge. “Na na you can’t catch me!” yelled Nibbles. The bear charged for her and Chompa came out from the bush and caught up, but the bear fell and the two dogs got away. “That was simple” said Chompa. “Yeah” replied Nibbles.
They continued on their journey until a few hours later when they found the family out fishing. “Bark bark,” Nibbles and Chompa shouted. The family turned around pulled their fishing rods out of the water and cuddled the dogs. The dogs were home at last.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!