Nick's Very Exciting Day

It was raining and Nick was feeling bored. It was the day of the soccer break-up carnival but the rain ruined it, so Nick had to go home. What was Nick going to do?
Nick looked around his room. His skateboard was for outside, his tennis racquet was for outside. Then he spotted his raincoat. He put it on and went out into the rain. He splashed, he sploshed and he even jumped into puddles. Then his Mum called him up for lunch. He had caramel and tomato cheese scrolls. Then it stopped raining.
Nick got dressed to go to the soccer carnival and then the phone rang. Nick’s Mum told Nick the soccer carnival was closed. Nick was so upset he went to his room and cried. His Mum came in and said “Let’s go to the park.” Nick quickly got dressed and put his shoes on and they drove to the park.
When they got home the phone rang again. When Nick’s Mum came back she told him the soccer carnival was on. Nick got dressed and got into the car and they drove to the soccer carnival.
When they got home Nick jumped onto his skateboard and went flying out the door because it was fine. Nick was very happy because what he thought was going to be a boring day turned out to be one of the best days of his life.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!