Back In Time

I was sitting in my room when my seven year-old brother Luke, walked in. “Get out of my room NOW!” I screamed. He started to cry. “Sorry”, he cried, running out of my room terrified. I started to cry too. I wished I could go back in time and change my reaction.
Suddenly I was back in time. I was back sitting at breakfast this morning! This morning I actually shouted at mum for not having my favourite, Peanut-butter. This time I said instead “Oh, well I’ll just have jam”. Mum looked surprised (I do have a tendency to go crazy when that sort of thing happens). “Well, I’ll get to making it then” said mum, turning to grab the strawberry jam. One mistake fixed, I thought happily as I ate my toast and wondering why I bothered to yell. Well at least I wasn’t grounded anymore!
Next mistake was that I left my homework in my folder at home and told my teacher that my dad didn’t put my homework in my bag like I told him to. So instead I said “I’m very sorry Mrs Hill,” I admitted “I left it at home and I don’t have a note in my diary.” Last time she said that it’s my responsibility and I got in trouble and the class bully, Bobby, stared at me, smiling (like he always does when someone, other than him, gets in trouble). This time my teacher said “that’s fine, I’ll just mark you as forgotten homework this week then”, smiling. This time Bobby glared at me as I sat down next to Jaya, my best friend and opened my spelling book.
“Hi!” I whispered to her as Mrs Hill told us about our excursion on Monday. “Now remember to be at school at eight o’clock exactly” finished Mrs Hill. I love going back in time!!
It was morning tea time when I had gone to my brother’s seat and stolen his cup-cake. I normally get one too but mum was angry at me. So this time I asked Jaya if I could have something from her massive lunch-box instead. She said sure and handed me a packet of Chicken Chips. My favourite!
I’ll just tell you here that I hate French lessons!
Well it was a French lesson after Lunch (thankfully nothing to fix there) and Josh, Luke and Jacqui sit around me and we all like to talk. So we did, and we got a Lunch-time detention. Well, this time I controlled myself and stayed quiet and so did Jacqui. The boys still got a detention though. I made it through the lesson without going crazy! New one for me! Maybe French isn’t so bad.
I also made it through a Science lesson of writing notes in my book.
Later at home Luke walked in. I gave him a hug and apologised. “Why are you saying sorry?” he asked. “It’s a long story” I replied

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!