The 3 Arabian Knights

The fiery sunset reflected upon the Three Arabian Knights creating a silhouette against the sandy dunes. Their lips were dry and parched! There was silence, apart from the wind howling. The knights were unsure about what lay ahead. Their only clue was a map, written in hieroglyphics from Ancient Egypt. The men had been travelling for weeks, passing sand dune after sand dune. They were beginning to think that the map was fake. As they descended from their camels, they decided to camp for the night. Before they knew it, the sun shone in their eyes awakening them and another day had dawned. The three men (their names untold) sat down in a circle and looked at the map. They only knew one symbol and it meant treasure. These three men would let nothing get in their way. Starting their journey once more they made their way into an Egyptian village, hoping that they would find some answers. The Three Knights decided to stay at an inn in the village for a week or two. They spent the next few days travelling from house to house, asking if people knew what the map meant. The villagers were able to help with a couple of symbols, but couldn't decipher the rest. After a big day in the village the Arabian Knights returned to their inn and decided tomorrow they would head back on their journey. They started to pack their possessions when they realised, where was the map? The three knights searched everywhere but found nothing. They sat down and tried to remember when they last had it. Then it came to them, they had had it in the village the day before. All three bolted back to the village square visiting house after house but found nothing. After days of searching they decided that it could never be found so they began to make their way home. As they were leaving a mysterious looking house caught the knightÆs eyes. It looked deserted but the villagers told them that someone lived there. It was the last house on the street and they hadn't visited it yet so they decided to venture in. They knocked on the door with hesitation and they heard a voice say ôcome in.ö They walked in and found an old man with a long grey beard sitting on the floor. Then the man pulled out the map. He began to explain to them what it meant. It was treasure, hidden in the darkest part of the desert! Without wasting any time the Three Knights mounted their camels and set off. Finally, they reached their destination. There was no light shining, so with a lantern by their side they started digging. Night and day they dug and dug until they had finally found the treasure. With happiness and joy they loaded their camels and set off to their homeland where they became rich and famous knights.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!