Georgia

Georgia

Georgia and I were best friends. We went to the the movies together, we always had sleepovers, but then came high school. Then Georgia and I weren’t friends anymore. Do you want to know how it happened? I’ll tell you anyway. It all started on the first day of high school.

Georgia was on the same bus as me, but we didn’t know anyone else but that was OK, because we were best friends. It was fortunate we were in the same class with great people, except for the popular girls who sat at the back. They always talked to Georgia when I wasn’t around. But when I was there, they would tease me and say things like, “I don’t know why you hang around this geek Georgia. Mel is so uncool!” Georgia still was nice to me, but things felt different. Georgia used to call me every night, but then she started calling me only once a week.

One time, Georgia was invited by the populars to go to the movies. Georgia asked if I could come and eventually they said I could. When I got there, Georgia and the populars were ignoring me like I was invisible. Georgia also looked way older, wearing makeup and wearing a short skirt. “You look different Georgia,” I said stunned. “Whatever,” Georgia said bluntly. “So what movie do you guys want to see?” I said. “I really want to see that MA rated movie!” said one of the populars excitedly. I looked at Georgia; she knew I was scared of scary movies, especially when we weren’t old enough to see them. “I want to see it,” said Georgia. “Were not old enough,” I whispered. “We look old enough,” stated the head of the populars. I felt sick inside. I told them I felt sick and I called my mum to pick me up.

At school, Georgia never looked, spoke, or sat next to me. She sat with her new friends I was alone and I never wanted to go to school. Mum kept asking me why I looked depressed, I said I wasn’t, even though I was, so mum would just leave me alone.

But one day, Georgia and her friends weren’t at school. I was glad in a way, but I was still worried about Georgia. I wanted to know that she was OK. I went through school as normal, but after school, when I was about to walk out the gate, I saw Georgia and her friends graffiting the schools wall I ran over to Georgia “Georgia you can do better than this.” I said. Just that second, the principal came around the corner and we were sprung.

I told the principal the truth even though it meant that Georgia would be sent to a different school. It was for her own good. Those girls were trouble.

In the end, Georgia and the populars were sent to different schools. I made new friends, and I never saw Georgia again.


By Kelsey Love

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!