Kim And Her Journey

Once there was a thirteen year old teenager called Kim. Kim and her mother Mary didn’t have a lot of money and they lived on the streets. One day Mary dropped Kim off at her Aunty Emily’s house.
She told Kim “I will pick you up when I can look after you again, because I am your mother and I should be able to take care of you.”
Mary had got a loan of money to buy herself two suits, to be able to pay for her to learn how to become a doctor and to rent a small apartment. Kim first didn’t like to be at her Aunty Emily’s house but she thought it was better than where she used to live.

Aunty Emily’s house wasn’t much; it was a two bedroom house, with one living room, one small, squishy bathroom and toilet. Kim looked around the house and got used to her bedroom. Aunty Emily told Kim about when Emily and Mary were little and what they got up to. She laughed at some of the stories and nearly cried in some of them.

Then it was dinner time, we had vegetables, potato and some kind of meat.
“It was the best meal I have ever tasted and the biggest, we just usually have not that much for dinner.” said Kim to her Aunty Emily.
The next day Kim and Aunty Emily went to the supermarket to get the supplies they needed for that week.

After the supermarket Aunty Emily showed Kim the farm, the animals and the chores. There were heaps of chores to do with the animals so Kim helped to do the chores. The chores included milking the cow, collecting the eggs from the chicken. The inside chores were to help with the cooking, helping with the dishes and always keeping her room clean. Kim gets $5 for doing that every week; she is saving her pocket money. At first Kim was really new with the chores but she got used to them.
After a while every morning Kim would wake up get ready, do her chores and then go to school. Kim really liked school she was an A student.

Kim loved her school, her life with her Aunty Emily and her friends. One day Mary came to get Kim and take her home. Mary is a doctor now; she has a house and a really fantastic, new car. Kim didn’t want to leave but she packed her bags anyway.
Kim and Mary left, Kim and her aunt were crying. What was her aunt going to do without her; she had been so much help to her and her farm? When Kim got to her house it was so beautiful and gigantic. The house had three bedrooms, two living rooms, a huge bathroom and toilet. But Kim liked her aunt’s house better it was more comfortable. Kim called her aunt and friends often and visited them often to.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!