Kamakazi

It was exactly two weeks before prom, and if you didn’t have everything organized by then, you were in deep trouble. And I wasn’t ready, at all. No dress, no nothing. So we had gone shopping, mum and I, to pick out the perfect dress, and we had. It was in a pink little box in the back.
Just as we were leaving the shopping centre three ambulances whizzed past us, there must have been some kind of crash, pity we were having such a good run, road death toll wise, anyway.
We were half way home when all of a sudden three things I don’t know what they were. I think it was some kind of bird, but it was so weird, it was way too big to be an Eagle but still too small to be a Hawk. All I know was that they were called ‘kamikazi's’, to my mum.
It swooped us out of the blue, mum was swearing and breaking and I was screaming. Then there was a spray of maroon blood across the window, but it was on the other side of the glass, right. So if it was then why did I feel so weird like there was this throbbing pain in my head? Then all of a sudden the car spun out of control and we spiralled into another car then then mum swerved and hit a tree just outside of school.
Mum was on the phone with a worried voice but also I could hear her shaking, she does that sometimes when she’s nerves or exited, but not worried. What was so wrong was the matter? Why was she so worried?

The last thing I saw was something worm, gooey and red sliding across my right eye. The last thing I heard was the sound of mum’s voice crack as she tried not to sound so scared, but of what? I could also hear the sirens of a close ambulance, but that was for the accident further back, right. Then everything seemed to fade away, all noises and fillings, everything.

TWO WEEKS LATER.
It had been two weeks since the accident but I was still in the hospital, I’d only just woken up from a semi-coma, and I had a glass cut, deep not wide just under my jaw and above my temple as and some minor cuts here and there, but with some glue, and a whole lot of makeup, they were pretty much invisible, mum was practically unscratched though.
When I got back to school, everyone knew what had happened. My friends were practically crying when they saw me, and I had a sense that I have been


missed dearly. However, I was glad to be back and to get on with my life. But what the worst thing is, just before the accident, I had been asked to the prom and I had agreed. I hope the little accident did not disturb our plans tonight. Wish me luck.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!