Heatwave Chaos

It's 1st of January, 2009; it was a normal Sydney suburb, a normal Sydney house, a
normal Sydney kid was dealing with abnormal Sydney weather, a massive heatwave.
It was 50 degrees when Steve decides to have an icy pole. He took Orangy, his favorite. When he took it out, it melted instantly. He was shocked, looking at the orange puddle. He was thinking what his friend told him, "There's always two or more choices." So, he concluded with two choices;

a) Shop for more
b) Lick it up

Before he could make a decision, the puddle evaporated. He stood there, staring at the empty floor.

Steve ran to Jack's house, screaming as his shoes burnt out. Jack, who had a hair cut, was sitting on the couch, with ice blocks next to him, watching TV. Steve asked,
“Do you have any Orangy left?"
“Sorry," Jack replied, "They melted hours ago."

Suddenly, the TV program got interrupted by the news. "TV towers around Sydney are melting......" That's when the signal died. Jack fainted because it was his favorite channel. Then, a sizzling sound started coming from the TV, The TV was bubbling and melting! Steve fainted because you can access most consoles on TV, AND the DS melted last night.

They woke up next to the radio and they turned it on. The radio buzzed and crackled, and the weather forecast was on.
"A rain cloud is approaching Sydney. It could be an average cloud, but experts are saying that it might be an acid rain cloud." But the two were relieved that it's going to cool off. Steve turned on the air conditioner, it fluttered for a moment, and then it melted. He looked around the house; the radio melted, then the computer, and then the window.
"WHY IS EVERYTHING MELTING!?" Steve exclaimed,
"Could be the heater." Replied Jack.
"That's impossible! The heater melted seconds ago!" Steve shouted. As they argued, the heater was on fire, burning slowly, but, somehow, safely.

Just then, they heard thunder and it got them excited.
"Rain ahoy!" Jack shouted, "This has got to cool us off after all that scorching heatwave!" As the massive cloud approached slowly, rain started falling, then Steve ran outside and a sizzling sound came from his T-shirt, and it was disintegrating in the rain.
"Wait a minute," Steve said, "Remember that report about acid rain? I think the rain is melting my shirt."

Steve and Jack heard stomping noises outside, they looked and HOLY COW!!!! There was a stampede out there! They joined the stampede and in ten seconds, all the water everywhere was gone.
“Why would you guys want water?”, Steve asked someone with loads of water in his car,
“Because all of the water on earth has evaporated. All that’s left is acid.”

Suddenly, a loud whistling sound came from the sky, and before anyone can look and know what's happening, an End-Of-The-World-Sized-Asteroid destroys Earth and all the survivors got sucked into a black hole.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!