Main Attractions

The adrenaline pumped in and my head spun. A wave of emotions covered me and drowned me, until I felt numb. Night after night I dream of a better place and a happier life. Settle and sound I turn, turn to see the past and visions of whispers and voices of people I once called friends. Lost was my main attraction and I lust for what I lost. Making better times great times, was what I should have done or what I should have said.

I feel the ground and feel the moist and soft earth so innocent and young, I stump on it. Jumping up and down, screaming. Why did the world have to be like this? Why do I have to suffer? I stop and lay down and this time feels soft and hot sand. I run my fingers over it and see the yellow sand run down. I lay for a minute and try to find happiness, try to smile and laugh, giggle and prance, like I used to.

I slowly get up and brush the sandy hair in my face and tie it up. I look at the waves and hear their calls. Watch the sun dance around and play hide and seek with the clouds. The waves are whooshing with the strength of the light wind. The hills beside were large and abnormal with the beach, green with grass and brown with earth. Trees hung down and moved with the wind. As nice as the scene was, I wanted to get out of here.

I rapidly walk across the beach, it seemed endless. The same hill and the same beach. I was getting rather hot and stuffy with all the coats I had on. I turn to face the beach, the glistening water shakes with loneliness and repeats the sounds and waves like a DVD. I made my decision rapidly and striped down into my undergarments and raced into the water. A smile appeared as I crashed into the water, sparks flying. I reached the bottom and touched the ground, swimming around like I had gills. The water was clear and stunning blue. It was excellent until I ran out of breath. I paddled for the surface, gasping in water and chocking on death. Moving my legs and arms, as I reached the top, there was no surface, no way to get out; I screamed, I paniced, kicking the surface and the dome covering it. My heart raced and felt dead before I died. Sweating, if it is even possible under cold water, I kicked and punched and head butted, I was praying. Death don’t hurt me and death don’t suffocate me.
I awoke and breathed.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!