Last Christmas

8 December Thursday 3:30pm

'Seya' I yelled and it was over. Summer holidays at last. It was over. Away from Mrs Belchman, closer to my newborn baby sister Margaret. I was proud to annonce when I got home that I had completed Year 6. The only bad thing that could happen now is... 'ROWENA!'. Yep, I knew it. The school Semester Report would put me back to hell.

3:35pm

Bondi State School hates me. 4 Ds, 6 Cs and 1 b on my School Report. My first present when I got home was a billion hour lecture from Mum telling me that 1623 divided by 4 does not equal 'whatever'.

3:36pm

Where's a calculator when you need one?

3:37pm

In Margaret's cot, of course!

3:38pm

1623 divided by 4 equals 405.75. You can find anything in Margaret's cot.

4:20pm

Madi my best friend called. Arranged a sleep over. Yes! The first positive today.

4:32pm

OH NO! Dad's home. Don't panic, don't panic. Just go onto YouTube and watch cat videos. It always helps to calm.

4:33pm

'Rowena!' Until now. PANIC!

4:52pm

That wasn't to bad.. he just gave me nappy changing duty for the rest of the year! Thank god it's only December...hang on... CHRISTMAS!
And I have nappy changing duty. Great. Instead of eating Christmas pudding I am going to be changing nappies. Sure, I love my sister but her poos are like green zombies from Uranus mixed with my Dad's toenails. Believe me, you don't want to be around whaen Dad's clipping his toenails. UGHH!
Thank-you for watching our program on the worlds worst toenails. Coming up next... MY LUNCH!!!

9 December Friday 11:34am

Marcus my boyfriend just called. SCORE! He bought me tickets to the footie. Our 523rd date! (No, I am not keeping count)

11:36am

Haha! That cat is wearing earmuffs! Bring Bring. MADI! I picked the phone up.'Madi, what's up!'

'Everything!'

'What do you mean?'

'I bought to tickets to the football game!'

'Oh...cool' Even I, Rowena Blatcinsoft, with my IQ of 96 could see what was going to happen next.

'I'm allowed to bring you!'

'Um...'

'I'll see you there!'

'Seya'

'Bye!'

And she hung up. Oh, I'm a genius. I can predict the future.

11:54am

What do I do?

11:55am

I go with Marcus!

11:59am

I dump Marcus and go with Madi. He'll understand...(hopefully)

12:11pm

Loves me, loves me not, loves me, loves me not.

12:48pm

Friends always come first.

3:20pm

Here I am, holding the phone, not knowing how to break it to him

4:17pm

Why am I stressing about this? I don't even like football!

4:29pm

This is going to be my Last Christmas with a friend and a boyfriend. Ohhh...

12 December Sunday 3:40 am

Arghhh! Football day! I spent the whole day yesterday asking Kathy, Rach and Tonya what to do. No decision made. Could my life get any worse? Yes! It could, we are having a blackout when I need to go on to my computer and watch cat videos.

4:29am

Turns out the cable was unplugged!

5:42am

Cat videos aren't working. How am I going to survive this?

More coming soon.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!