Nick's Day At The Beach

As the sun shined through Nick’s window the heat hit him. He jumped out of bed as Australia suffered the worst heat stroke of the year he turned the lights on as his family awoken the only thing on his mind was going to the beach, as the leftover ice-cream from last night melted in the bowl the family pulled out they chose of breakfast wither if it was rice bubbles or pancake mix they got it out, the house was silent until “can I go to the beach” Nick yelled out, Nick’s mum stared at him, after a local girl saw a shark last week no one has touched the beach but his mum knew no one should be scared of the beach the shark would of moved on now she said “let’s all go to the beach” Nick smiled as he looked at his mum and headed to the fridge to pull out the milk. An hour later Nick’s family arrived at the beach as they thought the beach was empty Nick pulled out his body board and sprinted to the water after felling the hot sand. The waves were double Nick’s size as his brother Zack body boarded on the tallest of waves Nick stared a second later he went up the wave “race to the rocks like old time” Nick said, Zack smiled as they both headed off climbing waves bigger then themselves Nick pushed his hand along his board as Zack catches up Nick doubled his speed as Zack did the same they were head on as they reached the rocks Nick touched it first as Zack touched it a moment too late. They headed back in and helped they little brother Joe finish his sand castle. An hour passed as they finished the castle and body boarded up waves it was time to go as they headed home Nick smiled knowing he would come back tomorrow for even more fun.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!