Never Again


Never Again

Suddenly, I remembered the bus. I peered across the car park, then to my horror saw scores of children mounting a.... BUS!!! It was way too much for me to comprehend. “STOP!” I yelled as loudly as I possibly could but it was no use. I knew no one could hear me. When the ride came to a halt, I jumped off and tried to sprint as fast as I could to the car park. I was extremely dizzy..... I peered through the trees dividing the car park from the foot path. All hope was lost. The bus had gone!
Out of the blue, a kind elderly lady hobbled towards me and offered to take me home. “My grandchildren have just left with their parents, I’d love some company on the way home,” she said hopefully.
“A Good Samaritan has come to my rescue just in time,” I thought. I looked at the aged lady. She had a strange hair style and was rather stout. But nevertheless, I was overcome by her kindness. “I’d be very grateful if you could take me home,” I said without hesitation.
Throwing my back pack into the car and hopping in to the back seat after it, I felt totally relieved. I told her the directions to my house as she drove. After some time, I noticed that she was not heading in the right direction towards my home.
“You’ve just missed the turn!” I alerted her.
“All roads lead to Rome.” She gave a sinister cackle and sped faster.
“Are you sure you know the way? “ I asked cautiously. That was when I sensed danger. Visions of Daniel Morcombe flashed through my mind. Could this be a kidnapping? Was I going to be abducted, never to be seen again? My limbs began to tremble. Intently, I looked at the woman and, with horror; noticed that she was wearing a wig! I could clearly see it had slipped further down her head. Without thinking, I ripped the wig off and discovered to my repugnance, a bald headed man dressed up as an old lady.
“Let me out!” I yelled while trying to open the door. But it was locked.
I grabbed my backpack and struck him on the head. He shrieked in a mixture of surprise and horror.
The car swerved from one side of the road to the other BANG! It finally came to a halt, wedged in a gutter. Shards of glass arrowed towards me.
When I wake up, it’s dark outside and I smell the familiar scent of my mother’s perfume, I lift my head and see her sitting quietly in the corner staring out the window.
“Mum!” I breathe. She looks up with tears in her eyes.
“Darling you’re safe now!
I knew I had done the wrong thing, I had learnt my lesson. The next year when we went to Sea World, I was at the bus stop one hour earlier than everyone else!


Name: Andrea Ng
Grade: 7
School: All Saints Anglican School
Age: 11
Address: 75 Tallai Rd, Tallai 4213

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!