The Flash Of Lightning

Once upon a time there was a little girl named Georgia. Every night she would sit by the window and count the stars but one night when she had counted twenty stars she saw a flash of lightning. She said to herself I’m not scared. Then there was another flash of lightning. This time it was huge. She said to herself, I’m still not scared but when there was a rumble of thunder, she screamed as loud as she could and ran down the steps to tell her mother.
Just then she discovered that her mum had gone. She started to cry. She heard the doorbell ring and ran as fast as she could to answer it but it was too late. Whoever rang the doorbell had gone. When she looked down there was a present wrapped up. She went inside and opened it. It was a beautiful picture. It was so beautiful that she couldn’t take her eyes off it.
Just then her mother appeared with a basket of flowers in her hand. She came running towards her mother and whispered I love you mum.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!