Way To Extinction

I was walking through the jungle in a great world of dreams when suddenly I tripped. I said “oh no” as I looked down “it’s a honey badger” I screamed. He won’t ever get off.

That’s the one thing with a honey badger it won’t come off. I took my shoe off and shook it and the honey badger got so scared that it scampered off like a wounded rat.

Next was the curvy mountain which was two hundred metres away, walking that will be more than two hundred steps, well it’s good for my exercise.
I am on my way to the Victoria Falls to unlock the code of the animals that are on their way to extinction.

I am just about there it’s a long walk but it’s to save my world! As I get to the curvy mountain I looked at the map, “now’s the big hit.”

Next is Victoria Falls in between Zimbabwe and Zambia, it’s getting so exciting I said to myself. I was jumping up and down nearly the whole way.

When we got there I had to just stop and look at the falls for a minute, it was such a beautiful sight. Now all I have to do is get under the falls and crack the code.

My code is on my tissue box.

Well let’s get it over and done with.

I swam and swam until the water fall stopped. I ran and ran under the waterfall it was all stony and dark, I turned around a corner but turning back I threw my back against the rocky wall and started talking to myself.

I said “am I doing the right thing what’s round the corner, wait calm yourself down and just walk slowly, Oh no butterflies are starting to come into my stomach. As I walked round the corner my butterflies started to go. Then I saw this amazing green crystal with a lock, I ran to the crystal kneeled down in a hurry and looked at the tissue box the code was xy210 I pinned it in, it opened and there was the piece of paper with all the animals on their way to extinction. The waterfall hadn’t started again, so with a thumping heart I swam back across the river, I ran through the forest back home and handed it into the scientists, then I sat down with a hot mug of hot chocolate and waited for the results and I am still waiting there today.


FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!