Five Senses

Excellence Award in the 'Legendary 2012' competition

As I step out my front door and see paw prints in the snow covered grass, I know that I’ve had a visitor. The air is cold, bitter, and minty fresh, and I can smell moss. I walk over to my pear tree and pick a green, plump pear to snack on and as I take a bite, my tastebuds tingle and the flavour is indescribable; and I keep moving forwards. I head towards the forest and hear two birds singing and chirping to one another across tall, moist, pine trees with dew dripping from the leaves and branches. I look up at the two birds, but I’m blinded by the sun seeping through the tree branches. I block out the sunlight with my hand and keep moving forwards. I take a brief pause as I can hear something within the woods, but it’s very faint. I follow the sound and it leads to a narrow, trickling river with pebbles and logs leaning across it; it’s so beautiful. I crouch down beside the flowing river to get a better look, and I touch the crystal clear water with the ends of my fingertips. I immediately pull away my hand with droplets of water flying up as the coldness of the water is too much for me to bear; and I keep moving forwards. I walk over a few steps to a large rock and leap on top of it. I breathe a deep breath and close my eyes and as I finish my breath, I open my eyes yet again and soar off the rock, gliding through the air. As I fly off it, I crunch old autumn leaves and brittle branches that haven’t been covered with snow; then I keep moving forwards. I climb over and around large rocks and logs and finally reach the peak of a steep, snow covered mountain. I gaze out to the sight that I’m seeing and realise the magnificence of nature.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!