That Night

I crept along the cold dark hallway; I could hear my stomach grumble so I tip toed to the kitchen.
As I turned around to open up the fridge I thought I saw someone run towards my bedroom.
I didn’t want to follow but something in my body forced me too.

I crept alongside the wall and
as I got to my room I saw this white figure standing next to the window looking out of it.
At first I was frozen but then the white figure turned around and saw me.

It was a little girl about 5 years old she was wearing a dress with ripped stockings and she had a bow in her hair.

I was about
To scream but nothing came out of my mouth when I opened it. I couldn’t move it was like I was glued to the floor with the world’s stickiest super glue.

The ghost lifted up her hand and placed it between my hands. It felt cold and it stung a little bit. The ghost dragged me across to my bed.

She sat me down right in front of her. I looked inside her eyes they were full of blackness and worry.
I pinched myself to see if I was dreaming but it was real. I could hear the ghost whisper something but it was very soft and airy. The ghost walked across the room and pointed to my bedroom cupboard. I didn’t know what to do so I got up very carefully and opened the cupboard.

Then
A doll came tumbling out, I didn’t know how that got there but when I looked at the dolls face it sent
A shiver down my spine. I finally found my voice and let out a huge screech which scared away the ghost.

The next night I was terrified to go in my bedroom so I just sat there staring at my closet waiting for something to happen. A loud banging noise came from inside my wardrobe. I was so scared I thought I would pee my pants. The ghost stepped out of the closet but this time the ghost looked sadder then last night.

That scared me even more.
“What do you want” I panicked.
“Runaway Run away” The ghost replied in a very airy whisper. I didn’t know what it meant so I hid under my covers and shut my eyes as tight as I could.

I could hear the ghost drift closer to me. I didn’t know what to do so I just stayed there till morning. When I saw daylight I opened my covers and crawled out of my bed.

I knew the ghost was gone so I went to my bathroom and right in front of me was the ghost pinned to the wall. I wanted to scream but I couldn’t my legs were like jelly, I wanted to throw up.

There was a little note next to the ghost saying: Your Next written in red! That scared the living daylights out of me saw I turned and I was about to run.

But when I turned around the doll was standing there with this look that was not very nice. She came closer and closer and then she striked and stabbed me in the heart. I fell to the floor in a sudden death I was dead stone dead, just lying on the floor dead. The doll came and lifted me up and pinned me to the wall.
THE END.........

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!