Nick's Day Of Fright

Nick awaken tired of the previous day where he surfed huge wave beat his brother in a race and helped make a sand castle. He looked at the time when he raised from his sleep it was 4 pm “too early” he fell back on his bed “wait 4 pm” he jumped up from his bed “I’m late” he run down stairs grubbing his back pack and skateboard he headed out the door and rushed to meet up with his friends as he opened his door he saw his friends waiting outside “your late” Mat said, Nick walked down the steps putting on his jumper “ sorry you said something about a haunted house yesterday?” Mat looked at him and smiled he didn’t know what to say he thought for a sec “it’s something we have to show you for you to believe” Mat Answered.

It took an hour two hot chocolates a crying baby and bubblegum to get there but finally they reached the house it looked like any other but it had a story a scary one twenty five years ago today an ant was killed and now the ant’s ghost has been haunting the house ever since no one knows how or why but the ant is like any other ghost it is said to take the image of the last person who enters the door. Mat opened the door to the house as him and his friends entered Nick was the last one through the door he pushed the door shut quietly Nick walked around and crept on the cold stone floor as Mat told them his plan to lure out the ghost and then make a video of it they would be rich as Sam his other friend put up cameras to film it “lets face it there are no such thing as ghost” Nick said when suddenly the camera turned off and was pulled to the other side of the room “you were saying” Mat yelled, Nick stared as a black figure appeared and headed to the light it showed it form everyone stared “Nick it may just be me but that looks like you” the Nick walked closer to each other slowly they were centimeters apart “ it may just be me no offence ghost Nick you look intimidating but ant seriously that’s what this story’s about but one thing you forgot was one feature what makes me ummm me what is my hair does not look like that and you are way to tall so Zach happy April fools take off your mask” Ghost Nick smiled and started clapping “I’m not Zach Rahhhhh” ghost Nick said as Mat and Sam went flying “noooo” yelled Nick. Nick run for the door grubbing Sam and Mat he kicked it open and run home “I’m not doing that again” they smiled. Back at the house “good work people there scared happy April fools brother” Zack said turning off the projector "april fools indeed"

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!