I Want My Mummy

My mummy holds my hand as she looks through clothing racks at the department store. It’s right next to the toy section. There are a lot of people today and it’s very noisy. My mum looks through racks of clothes, but still keeps a hold of my hand. It seems as if she has spent forever looking through these boring clothes. I wish I could just go home and play with my dolls.
Suddenly, I catch it. From the corner of my eye I see it. It’s so big and fluffy. All I have to do is run over to it and grab it then it’s mine. I know exactly where I can put it. Right on my bed so I can cuddle it at night. It is the biggest teddy bear I’ve ever seen!
As my mum lets go of my hand to grab something of the clothing rack I realize it’s now or never. I run over to it and grab it of the shelf. I give it a tight hug and smile to myself. Phase one is complete. Now I just have to convince my mum to buy it for me.
When I turned round to return to my mum, panic set throughout my bones. She was gone. I looked around frantically trying to search for her face among the others around me. I could not see her though.
I walked over to where my mum was before I went to get the bear. Everything is so big and scary! Tears started to appear. I didn’t know who to ask for help. I was told to never talk to strangers.
Questions started to fill my head. What if I never saw her again? I started to cry. I wanted my mummy. Suddenly a woman with a blue t-shirt approached me. she knelt down to me and smiled at me gently.
“Hello, I’m Sandy. Where is your mum?” she asked me.
I looked at her and knew I could trust her. She worked here.
“I don’t know,” I replied whipping the tears of my pink cheeks.
“Can you tell me your name and how old you are?” she asked.
“My name is Carla and I’m six,” I replied. I knew that the girl would help me find her.
The girl held out her hand, so I took it. She walked me through the store to the checkouts. We approached a desk then I heard her speak over a microphone.
“Attention shoppers, can the mother of Carla, aged six please come to the front of the store? Thank you,” she said speaking into it clearly.
After a few minutes my mother appeared. When she got close she hugged me and scolded me for disappearing but once she saw the teddy in my arms a smile replaced her scowl. After saying thank you to the worker she bought it for me. We named it comfort. Because it comforted me when I was scared.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!