What If We Were Not

Excellence Award in the 'Legendary 2012' competition

Have you ever thought where we would be even if we had never been?
If the lights turned out and all went black; no trace of life ever to be seen?
Some believe that after death, heaven’s next in line.
But how can we die if we never lived? Our ideas just seem benign.
What if we couldn’t leave because we never arrived?
Of what we are and how we be; our knowledge has been deprived.
Then you’ll think well what is ‘we’ if ‘I’ does not exist?
There can’t be a plural of what is not; no matter how much you persist.
The thought of us now working and studying, it baffles me quite a lot.
From now on I shall always consider: what if we were not?

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!