Darkness

I looked up at my ex lover, my heart subconsciously breaking at the sight of him.

"Derrick, I know you said not to talk to you but I have something to tell you" I whispered before giving him the note.Slowly he wrapped his fingers around it before I spun around and started running.

I ran forever or so I thought until I came upon a cliff.I started edging towards it until I was on the very edge, bits of dust and dirt falling down until they were gone from sight. I closed my eyes and sucked in a deep breath. My brain started remembering the note I had wrote for Derrick.

'My feelings are deep
As deep as the sea
No waves to float on, only to sink
The dark blue water
Glaring at me
The deep black skies welcoming me
I enter up there, to the seas above
To only see me, what I used to be
I turn around, only to see
The darkness covering me
Nowhere to go
Nowhere to flee
I lie down as darkness engulfs me'

He may not of gotten the message but I only could hope that he would. Looking down the cliff I could hear the waved crushing against it and as the echoing started I stepped down off the cliff and started to fall and fall. The air hit me like a bunch of needles but I didn't care.

As I landed I felt unbearable pain until finally darkness engulfed me.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!