Gerbera

In a glass vase of distilled water a tall, green stalked Gerbera stood held with pride. It's petals of such formidable colours were dotted with glitter for meaningless show.
A young girl stalked inro the room slamming the door behind her. Not so long after an angered boy of the same age ran in. After they yelled at each other both had run out in bursts of rage.
The Gerbera saddened it's water lost purity and the vibrancy the flower once held vanished.
Into the room soon came a small child she burried herself under sheets beside the Gerbera. In the time to come the little girl was joined by nurses and machines, as she clung to her short life. In the night her soul gave way and she was lost.
The Gerbera's stalk soon became limp and petals of such bright and happy pinks were now a variation of pale shades.
In the weeks ahead an old man grieved in the room for his dearly loved and departed grandaughter. The man gazed each day at the shy Gerbera who's pride had slowly withered with it's health. He went on through his aimless, hollow life. Each day gone by as the next. Oblivous to outside, his brockedn heart let him leave the world as he joined his young grand daughter.
The Gerbera sunk into the now dirty water as streaks of brown ran across the once beaming flower.
The woman from the fight many months ago strode across the floor into the room. Without hesitation the windows were flung open and the dying Gerbera with it's flithy water was tossed out to spend the rest of it's time in unknown nothingness as each day it's beauty faded once more.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!