Lee

~Prologue~
Sitting the waiting room at the hospital, Lee thought that everything would be ok. Until the Doctor and two nurses came out, Lee didn’t know what to do when she heard the news.
Dialling her boyfriend’s number; tears started to roll down her cheeks, the dial tone rang, but there was no answer. “Phoenix where are you?” whispered Lee placing the phone back on the receiver.
As Lee walked down to the hospital room; where her mum and dad both lay lifeless on beds, she burst into tears. First she finds out she has bone cancer and now her parents are dead. Nothing was going right; still Lee opened the door, walked in and sat on her father’s bed.
“Dad I don’t know what to do, you’re both gone. I just wish I hadn’t left when I did, if I stayed you and mum both would still be alive.” Lee sobbed.
~CH1~
Lee was sitting at the dining table, when the phone rang. “Hello, Lee speaking.”
“Hello Lee, my name is Doctor Anne J. I am calling about a test you had three weeks ago.”
“Yes; is there something wrong?” replied Lee sitting up straight. “Lee; I think it wise you come to the clinic, with someone, it would be best to tell you there” said Doctor Anne J, slowly. “when would you like me to come in?”
“Would it possible to come in at five o’clock?”
“Yes; Phoenix will be home by then sure, do I need to do anything before I come in?” Lee was beginning to worry; already she had heard news of her mum having a heart attack. But this phone call wasn’t about her mother’s health, it was about her own. “Lee; you don’t have to do anything, but ask Phoenix to drive you to the clinic and be with you when I give you the results of your test. Please don’t forget to come in? I must go, see you soon.” Lee hung up the phone, went to the kitchen and had a glass of water. By the time it was four thirty, Lee had cleaned the lounge room, dining room, kitchen, her bedroom and the study, just because she was anxious to hear what the doctor had to say.
By four fifty; Lee and Phoenix were on their way to the clinic, when Lee and Phoenix got there, Doctor Anne J was ready for them to come straight in.
“Hello Lee, Phoenix please take a seat?” said the Doctor pointing at two seats facing her desk. “Lee; I have the results to your test and it doesn’t look good… Lee you have bone cancer.”
“Pardon…?” said Lee grabbing hold of her handbag and clutching it tight, Phoenix looked at Lee and then at the Doctor and back to Lee. “Lee; the Doctor said you have bone cancer…” replied Phoenix placing his hand on her shoulder.
"No; I can't have bone cancer, I'm perfectly fine!" said Lee looking into Phoenix's eyes. As Doctor Anne J opened the draw to her desk, Lee started to cry.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!