Baseball

“It’s nice weather guys, why don’t we play baseball?”“Ok,” said Josh so they went out to play baseball. We got into our positions. We all hoped the ball wouldn’t go over that fence.Let me tell you about that fence, where the big dog is. Now one day the dog escaped – he was 8 feet tall. He destroyed all the cars and had killed 2 people! So people will never go around that fence or else something very bad would happen.
So Josh threw the ball as fast as he could and Sam whacked the ball as hard as he could. “Wow! Look at that go!” Harry tried to catch it but he was too short. The ball was heading straight towards the fence.The dog jumped as high as it could. The ball went straight to its mouth. “Darnnit, I wonder where all those balls go?” Paul whispered to himself. “So what are we going to do now? Does anyone have a ball?” Harry asked. Then Sam had an idea. “We shall all go to our parents and ask them for money and then buy one.” “Good idea,” replied the others, so everyone went off running to their homes.
Sam asked his mum if he could have a dollar but she told him to ask his dad instead. So Sam went silently into dad’s room and hoped he wasn’t sleeping but he was. Then, in the corner of the room, Sam saw a ball, so he took it and ran straight back to where they were playing baseball.
“I got one!” he shouted. “I found it on my dad’s desk.” “Hold up, that’s the coolest ball in the world. It has been signed by Jonny Stark!” Josh exclaimed. Sam wasn’t too sure if he wanted to use such an important ball but they had no choice. They all got back into their positions. Josh threw the ball as fast as he could but Sam didn’t want to hit this ball too hard because it was so valuable, so he hit it soft. It didn’t go over the fence but it still landed right beside it. “Wait a minute, why isn’t the dog trying to get the ball? It will usually bump its large head into the fence.” Paul exclaimed. “It may be sleeping,” said Harry. “Yeah, it might be, but it’s too risky,” replied Paul. “Ok I’ll go get it,” said Sam. ”Okay, but whatever you do, be careful!” Shouted the others. “Always am.” He ran to go get the ball but then he suddenly heard a noise. Sam stopped for a second and looked behind him. The dog had woken up! He had no chance, he had to get the ball. Sam started to panic and his heart began to race. All of a sudden, he had a burst of confidence and ran straight to the ball. He picked it up and ran as fast as he could, back over the fence. Everyone was so happy to see Sam and they were amazed to see him alive, in one piece! “I think we’ve played enough baseball for one day,” said Sam.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!