Old Man Jack

It all happened so fast ! I ran up the the creaky stairs down the dark hallway and into the closest bedroom. Yes ! my friends had dared me to walk into old man Jacks " haunted " house at night. When I walked into old man jacks house I had a feeling something wasn't right. The feeling was just sitting at the back of my head and I just couldn't put my finger on it. I started to walk. Very slowly. It was as if someone was watching me . I didn't want to turn back because I just knew they would call me chicken and tell the whole school. I kept on walking into the kitchen. It was filthy ! There were spider webs, dirty piled up plates and even a mouldy cheese and Vegemite sandwhich. Then suddenly out of the corner of my eye was the shadow of old man Jacks ghost! I screamed ( A bit like a girl ) and ran up the stairs and into the closest bedroom! I quikly slammed the door shut and hid under the bed. You wouldn't believe what I saw under there. There were a variety of toys ( Rusty toys ) , crumbs off cookies and rubbish. I was thinking that if he saw me maybe he would think I was a ghost as well because my face was very very pale. But when everything was quite I heard giggling noises on the other side of the door. At first I thought it was gosts who had come to get me but then I knew exactly what had happened. My so called friends had being tricking me the whole time! They better watch out because next time I'm gonna get them back good! Real good!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!