One Spooky Night

The Night sky fell upon Lucy and her family eating dinner: Chicken and crunchy chips. The sound of pulling the meat off the chicken by those hungry people made Lucy talk over it. “May I please be excused from the table?” She asked looking at her three year old brother Toddles playing with potato out of the chips.
“Yes sure you can” Her mother Jill said wiping a napkin over her mouth.
Lucy walked off into the bathroom when she saw her dad’s electric shaver twitch. She thought ‘Nah’ and she walked into the shower. While she was surrounded by the white walls of the shower Lucy grabbed the shampoo and washed hair turning her back to the shower door. The shaver floated up into the misty, cold, winter air and went over the top of the shower. Lucy looked back to her dad’s electric shaver right in her face “AHH!” She yelled.
The shaver was about to attack when the cord ran out of length. The shaver quickly went back to position. Jill and Dylan, her mother and father came running in with an impression that she fell over. “What is it darling?” Her mum asked.
Lucy was caught up in words and just pointed at the shaver. “Yeah, honey I need to shave, Thank-you” Dylan, her dad, said winking at her. Lucy’s mum walked out nodding her head and with Dylan not far behind her.
That night Lucy was in bed thinking about Josh, her crush. Her teddy lion, Angel turned evil, into a devil. Angel got his tale and was about to strangle her. Lucy let out a big breath of the opposite side Angel was on. Lucy turned over to see the red in Angel’s eyes. “AHH!” She screamed pushing angel off her bed.
Her parents came in “Shh” Jill said picking up Angel and putting him next to her in bed “Toddles is sleeping” she said talking over a baby cry.
“Now you woke him up” she said leaving and tugging Dylan’s t-shirt as a signal to leave her bedroom.
That next Sunday morning she broke the news of the electric shaver and the teddy lion, Angel trying to murder her.
Pretty unusual, a straight forward girl got treated as though she lied.
18 years on
Lucy is sitting in a chair beside a bed telling her child about the electric shaver and the teddy lion.
“Yeah right mum” Jack said being tucked in bed.
“OK, if you don’t believe me it might happen to one night” she said kissing him on the forehead.
Two nights later Jack received a hit in the head by a game consol controller and 5 minutes after that, soap appeared strangely in his mouth or maybe it was just him.




FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!