Oh, Bull!!!

It was Joydeep’s winter school vacation they went to his father’s village house in Parairy, India. It was late and starting to get dark when Joydeep herd the rumbling noise of a motor bike, excited he got up and ran towards the front door. Swinging the door open Joydeep saw his uncle, aunty and cousin Subo stoping on their motor bike. Joydeep greeted his uncle and aunt.
After breakfast next morning Subo and Joydeep went outside again, they were about to go to the field where the other boys play soccer but they were interrupted by screams and shouts of men. Joydeep looked into the distance through the vast plume off dust to see a large Bull immerge and then disappear past. Joydeep’s heart skipped a beat as he saw the magnificent creature. Eager to see more Joydeep strained his eyes through the dust to see the large bull thundering down the village causing havoc, he also saw men riding on bicycles trying to stop the bull. One of the bicycles broke and the man plundered to the ground knocking over two other men. Five men in front of the Bull barricaded it by putting a Bull Cart in front. Joydeep looked in awe as the Bull tore through the Bull Cart with his two horns splitting the Cart into two just as easily as a knife tearing through a loaf of bread. The Bull’s pondering beats grew louder, confusing Joydeep, but then the answer came as he saw the Bull coming towards him!
”RUUUUNNN”, Joydeep shouted. Subo and Joydeep pelted the opposite way of the Bull. Heart beating Joydeep did the first thing that came to his mind he jumped straight towards a Haystack out of the Bulls way, Subo followed. The bull ran straight into a massive pile of mud slipping over. As soon as the Bull slipped over, the villagers put numerous ropes around it trapping it. The ropes where strongly tied to four parallel poles and the bull had no hope of using its horns or brute force to escape as it was lain on its side. Joydeep went tumbling out of the hay stack followed by Subo. Joydeep made a mental note never to go into a hay stack again, as it had been a very itchy experience. Joydeep walked towards the Bull, dozens of thoughts where roaming around in his head: You just got chased by a Bull! The Bull might come back, it’s not safe to walk near it .Let’s go and see what happened to the Bull. What are you going to tell mum. But Joydeep’s main thought was why the Bull had chased him in the first place. Joydeep answered his question straight after Subo came AH, HA Subo and I had both been wearing a Red shirt which was why the Bull turned around and chased us! After seeing the Bull was out of harm’s way Joydeep sighed of relief, it had been a close encounter.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!