Terror On The Street

Fear spreads through my body as I ride around the suburbs. I feel like someone is following me. Stopping to cross the road, a shiver dashes through my spine like there is somebody behind me. I see a shadow creep up behind me. I quickly turn around. I saw nothing at all. Feeling scared, I take a deep breath and start thinking there is nothing to worry about. I try to calm down. I can’t control my fear. I quickly turn back and peddle as fast as I can. Panting, made me feel even more scared. As I peddle like a cheetah running, I fall over the front bars and...... CRASH! I bang into the light pole. I try to get up, but something pulling me back down. I look at my leg. Blood is flooding the road and my leg. Screaming to everybody in the street, a young man runs out to see what the fuss was all about. Seeing me on the floor screaming with fear he calls the ambulance, stops the blood and waits with me for the ambulance. Feeling dizzy from losing so much blood, I pass out.
As my eyes flash open, lights flashed into my eyes.
“Where am I?” I asked a lady who was very helpful.
“You’re in the hospital,” the lady replied with a smile on her face
I looked down and saw my leg. It was wrapped up in lots and lots of bandages. Some bandages were covered in blood. I had remembered what happened and had imagined if that didn’t happen and what I would be doing right now.
“I am Lucy and your Jessica. Is that right?” Lucy, the helpful nurse said.
“Yeah, that’s right, I’m Jess.”
“Now Jess you have severely broken your leg. So you have to rest quite a bit in the hospital before you can go home now. Is that alright?” Lucy asked
“Alright,” I replied softly back falling asleep.
3 months later
I was off my crutches for 2 weeks now and therapy said that I should go for small bike ride around the block. So I did and I went too far. I got that same feeling that someone was following me. I turn around nobody was there. I could hear footsteps behind me. Something was worrying me now. I kept going, trying to break that fear, but it would not happen. I was still listening to the footsteps, but I didn’t want to turn around. I got that shiver down my spine when I stopped at the road waiting to cross. I finally crossed the road and kept riding. I didn’t want to turn around, but I had to someday. I got to the end of the road. The way to home was left, but I turn right. I could still hear the footsteps. I didn’t realise the road was a No through road. Facing a man, that pulled out a gun. BANG! Then I was dead.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!