Elementals Book. The Fire Within Part 1

The Elementals Book 1. The Fire Within Part 1

“Ring, Ring, Ring!”
“Class dismissed,” exclaimed Mr. Johnson. Mason is just another average student at Seaview High. “That was so boring,” moaned Mason
“Well I found it interesting how Hitler led the Nazis,” replied George.
George is one of Mason’s best friends. “Yeah me too and I also liked how Hitler killed himself,” said Mason sarcastically. George just gave a grin and kept walking. Mason was just walking down the hall to science when Dylan appeared. Dylan is Mason’s mortal enemy, and it was just his luck that he appeared to be angry. Mason was trying to be unnoticed by Dylan but his plan failed. Dylan walked right up to him and said “What do you want Mason!” and then he pushed him up to the wall. Mason was helpless but he tried to get a punch to Dylan’s chest. He isn’t much of an athlete and Dylan caught it with ease. Dylan started taunting him with insults. Mason was filled with rage now and threw a punch. Dylan caught it but strangely he released his hand and started screaming “It burns!” Mason felt a surge of fear run through him. He had no idea what was happening. While he was trying to figure out what just happened his mythology teacher Mr. Peters came and whispered, “Come to my office in ten minutes.” Before he had time to react Mr. Peters had already left. Mason was ready to walk in there and protest that he didn’t do anything. He walked in to the office and noticed Mr. Peters rubbing his chin curiously, “I have been expecting you Mason”
“Sir I didn’t do…” Mr. Peters cut him off and said,
“I know you didn’t do anything purposely Mason. You see in the medieval times it was believed that there were four men who could control the elements Fire, Water, Earth and Air. Each of them could control one of the elements but they were hunted down by a secret cult, and I believe that you are a descendant of the mysterious Fire Mage.”

Mason was overwhelmed by what Mr. Peters had told him, but it did explain what happened with Dylan. Mason was so overwhelmed he didn’t listen to any of his other teachers that day. He just tried to comprehend all of it. Finally the school bell rang. The first thing that popped in his head was to ask his Mum about their family history. He finally got home and asked his Mum. His Mum told him to ask his Grandma so he rang his Grandma and she said, “Oh I think I have your Great Grandma’s old diary but I never understood it.” Mason rushed to his Grandma’s house and his Grandma showed him the book. The reason why she didn’t understand it was because it was in German. Mason was rushing home to his laptop when a man approached him and said “Hello Mason.”

To Be Continued

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!