Jane's Storm

For me it was just a windy afternoon. I came home from school and was just sitting outside admiring the view before the sun faded away to the clouds.
“Jane, it’s time to come inside before the storm” yelled mum from the kitchen.
“Coming” I said with a sigh, there was nothing I loved more than a mid-summer storm. I watched as the wind chimes went crazy, a tree fell metres from the house, the skies blackened the flowers in the yard were all blown away by one gust of wind. The next thing I knew the sky opened and I was swept up, nowhere in particular, just up.
I was laying there on the ground, for what could have been for hours. Then I had no other choice but to move because there was an ear splitting crack and a boy fell on top of me. I sat upright and shook the boy. Nothing happened. I got up and found a twig, then started poking him. Then he woke. He looked about the same age as me, the same height too. He had blonde hair, bright blue eyes and pale skin.
“What was all that for?!” he yelled.
“That, boy, was for falling on top of me and to wake you up, I’m not sure where we are and we need to get home” I said calmly.
“My name isn’t boy, it’s Blake” Said the boy.
“I’m Jane” I said.
After our very rude introduction we spent a lot of time together trying to get home. I wasn’t sure how long we had been gone it was very hard to tell where we were. But still every day that went by the connection between us became stronger.
“Let’s stop for water” he said
“Ok” I said.
We kept moving for a few hours then we lit a fire. It was very cold night. Wherever we were, it was getting close to winter. The next day as we were traveling we came across a village that was deserted. There was even a bakery that had fresh pastries. Feeling guilty we moved on eating as we went.
Finally we gave up on trying to get home. Winter was coming and that was more important. Whilst we were at the village we got some new clothes and blankets to suit the climate and we had a bath. We reached the outskirts of the village, there was still nothing going on. We started a fire and snuggled in our blankets.
“Jane, if this is a dream, I’m really glad I meet you, and when we get back I want to meet you again, ok?” said Blake.
“I like that idea” I said.
Suddenly there was a glow coming from the village. Light totally surrounded us, I grabbed Blake’s hand and we were transported back home.
“When I woke up I still had your father’s hand and that my lovely, wonderful children is how I met your father”

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!