New Years Eve News That Broke Me And My Familys Heart

New Year’s Eve news-that broke me and my family’s heart
There I was, sitting in my step Dads cousins’ house, happy, cheery just waiting for the count down. It was at least two hours until the New Year but I couldn’t wait. That smell of sausages on the BBQ, just drenching my mouth with saliva.

Time went on, it was time to go home. Me in the back listening to the blerbash my step Dad was saying, He had a few too many, it was quite funny I must add but I was beginning to feel tingly. It was like pins and needles but all over the body. I didn’t know why but I was feeling sick as well. I began to think it was the sausages but I didn’t have that many.

Finally we were home. I was starting to put my PJ’s on when I heard the bellow of Mum calling me. I went down stairs to see what it was. I began to gaze in to her eyes to see what was wrong. Then in a slow and stuttering voice she said, “Your aunty has fallen off a horse while racing in Brisbane. She’s in a critical condition and not good”. Then I realized that the tingling wasn’t sausages it was her. A tear ran down my flushed rosy red cheeks. Yes there were what’s and how’s and when’s, but I needed to know.

Then I suddenly realized I was on the phone ringing my sad, concerned and worried family. There were questions being asked but couldn’t be answered. There was a five word statement that was said and that was she may never walk again, or which I knew from that point that she would be in a wheel chair for her whole entire life.


That night I had hope that she would walk again, but there was a slim chance. I sat there sobbing and crying, I knew it wasn’t going to make anything better but I wouldn’t be a human if I didn’t have emotional feelings. I sat thinking until my eyes couldn’t open anymore and I dozed off.
...............................
It is nearly four months until the accident and my Aunty Kristy is now out of the hospital. She’s already gotten her house modified. She’s struggling but coping. She has breakdowns every now and then but us keeping strong helps her keep motivated. She is getting lots of donations from clubs, race days, events ect which is helping her with renovations for her house to make it easier for her to cope. If I win this $1000 I will give her half of it to put towards her house and other things she needs.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!