The Flash

My eyes shot open and my cold clammy hands whacked against my ears. A loud, vibrating sound shook the whole house like an earth quake. I struggled to get a better look of what was out in the dark neighbourhood. I couldn’t see much, but before I could blink a bright white lightning bolt shot me off my bed and onto the hard cold wooden floor. I peered over the bed, and green laser started scanned the room. Then everything went pitch black, I got up slowly trying not to make a sound. I walked to the door and turned the smooth cold aluminium handle. As I walked out of room the door creaked and sent shivers through my body. I went instantly to my parent’s room to see if they were ok, I opened their door and peered through it but none of them were there. Feeling terrified I rushed to my sister’s room but no one was there ether. I closed her door behind me and lent against it, thinking of where they would be. I stared to walk down the cold dark hallway; I got to the lounge room and peered out the glass sliding door. All that was outside was a misty fog smothering the ground. I opened the door and walked onto the deck and down the steps onto the wet cold brick foot path.
I walked silently to the end of it and looked around the corner of the house. I saw the misty fog in the front of the house turn into some kind of human shaped figures, and started dancing in a circle. I decided to get a better look so I slowly crawled over near the wet leafy bush, but as I did the ghost-like figures vanished. I felt sick to my stomach wondering if I was going mad. Then another giant lighting strike figure forced me backwards sending me down the hill scratching my face and bruising my knees, and then I came to a stop as I hit the levelled rocky bit on the bottom of the semi steep hill. I tried to get up not realising that all the blood was oozing out of my skin. Before I could move something leached onto my shoulders and dragged me across the ground and behind what looked like a tree. I closed my eyes and tried to scream but a cold sweaty hand shaped figure wrapped around my mouth, and held me tight. Terrified, a tear rolled down my face, and my heart was beating out of my chest.
Then a heart-warming voice spoke. I froze and turned around, a dark shadow of a boy stood over the top of me. He said “Are you ok? I’m sorry if I hurt you.” I stopped panicking and I answered the familiar voice. “I’m fine but who are you?” but before he spoke a bright light shone on his face and the figure appeared my heart filled with hope and warmth as I held on to him tightly.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!