Wash Away My Glory, I'll Wash Away My Pain

A mind filled with resentment to the height where it’s almost hatred. Such a cruelly disturbing scream runs back and forwards through that mind, which brings you to the point of breaking. But it’s never your fault. You could kill a man, but oh, no, you are never the one to blame. And once you’re turning tables on that girl you ‘loved’, you’re breaking more than one heart down the centre.
Gravity can only hold one down for so long, and you’re pushing its laws. You’re pushing me.

Anger at boiling point; the cracks of your knuckles as they split against the wood. Your chest tightens as oxygen seemed to not have been your first priority for a while, and you had since forgotten how to inhale anything but her corrupt, unchaste existence. Not one being should poison another in such a way you have done so.

The weight of the whole world pressuring you into the Earth where you can no longer stand on your own two feet. You’re at your knees, screaming to the heavens to send relief. To allow you to rest with the beauties of the sky.

And then the rain trickles down your face as you can no longer bear to open your eyes. Everything you once had, turned to insolvency. Take one last breath and you’ll be gone.

Put that Knife back in the drawer.
Throw that Rope back in the shed.
Place those Pills back on the bench top.
Get back up onto that Train Platform.
Save your pain, it will teach you great lessons later on.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!