That Night

Wohoo, as soon as I woke up I was so happy because we were moving houses, YAY! We were packing our bags to get ready to move houses in our new house in South Harrow, London!
We were so excited we just literally couldn’t wait! When we arrived at the new house I jumped right out of the car like a kangaroo and ran straight to the door, I told mum desperately to open the door so I could look at the house first. So finally my mum opened the door and then I got to have the first look of the house! My first impressions were that the house was very big, empty and actually a little bit spooky. When we put the furniture in and got settled, it got kind of late so I got ready for bed, soon after I was fast asleep! A couple of hours later at 3:30am I woke up because of the strange noises I was hearing, so then while I was awake I went downstairs to drink some water. While I was walking down the hallway I started hearing these strange noises again. That’s when I started to really freak out because at first I thought It was just my imagination but now it’s for real! Then after that I started smelling some blood, but what I could really smell was danger!!! When I smelt the blood I just ran back upstairs and got into bed. I put the whole blanket over me and went to sleep.
The next morning I went straight to my parent’s room to tell them about last night, but when I opened the door my mum and dad weren’t there! I got a little scared because I thought this may have got to do with the sounds of last night at the hallway! I then went downstairs to check if they were there but there was no sign of mum and dad anywhere, I seriously had no clue of what to do. Fear grabbed my throat!
The next morning I was thinking maybe I have to stay home alone until mum and dad come home or maybe they might never come home. Also I had no school because it was a summer holiday which is good! After I ate breakfast I went next door to ask the neighbours if they knew where my parents where, but they didn’t know!
Later on I called the cops to tell them about it. They said they would be looking for my parents for as long as they could; I went outside and put posters and signs asking if anyone has seen my parents!
2 weeks later I was about to go to sleep before hearing these voices of people down the hallway. I got really freaked out I just put all the blankets over me! The voices started creeping up stairs into my room, then all of a sudden,
“BOOH!”
I looked at who it was then I found out it was mum and dad! Yay I was so happy! But mum and dad totally freaked me out!
2 Days later I actually found out that all the noises down the hallway that night were actually just my new neighbours pranking me! Haha that was funny!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!