Team Omega

All his life John was a failure. At school, at high school and university. It was a long time before he realised that. That is how he joined my SAS unit Omega.
We work alongside teams ALPHA and DELTA. ALPHA is the heavy weapons experts. DELTA is the snipers and us OMEGA the killers. We were the pride of the British special forces.
It all happened very quickly. Our first mission to IRAQ. Too many people had died because of one man Jeral. We called him the target. It made it easier for us to finish him. The target was the leader of the most feared terrorist organisation in the world BLACK DOOM. They were bend on destroying human kind. It was our job to destroy him.
It was a standard HALHT (high altitude low hang time) jump. When we were suspended in mid air it was easier for the enemy to hit us. It was a perfect jump. We landed on office block 221432. We had DELTA set up on floor 20 and ALPHA mine the entrances. We sat in the hallway. Now we play the waiting game. We sat there wondering if our enemies knew the meaning of pain. If they didn’t, they would soon.
The target was 3 blocks away. We moved from rooftop to rooftop. When we were one block away DELTA set up on office block 210321. They shot at anything that wore a BLACK DOOM outfit. It wasn’t long before we were spotted.
The flash of the AK 7.62 sub machine gun flash was all we had to aim at. We were pinned. DELTA had three hands full protecting us. After 2 hours of dog fighting some one had the genius idea of coming up the stairs but left no one outside. It was time to go. We got 12 of their dead soldiers and swapped uniforms then let them on the rooftop.
On office block 210318. We were directly across the road from the target building. Hopefully the target would show. We took it in turns to sleep. At 5.30 the target would show. All we had to do was set the pave way and run like hell.
Click, click a dead mans click. Reloading was something you didn’t want to do. At 5.30 the target showed and was lead inside. ALPHA set the pave way on the building. In 1 hour and 32 minutes the hellfire missiles would go off in all their glory, reducing the building to dust.
We ran to Al Fullujahs main airport. From there we flew to Baghdad all the time watching the mini camera facing the hit building/the one the target was in.
When the hell fires went off the explosion could be heard from Greece. It was like a James Bond movie. We arrived in Baghdad airport to be greeted by General Al Thuandi, Commander of all the British troops in Iraq. He also organised the flight home.
When we got back to SAS head quarters we were debriefed and we found we had another mission.
It turned out Jeral had survived. Everyone of us at the same time said “Here we go again!”

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!