King Jack

Once upon a time there was a princess named Erica. One day while the knights were guarding the castle, the prince named Eric came to visit and just before they went out for a picnic, the Evil Wizard came. The King and Queen tried to keep them safe, but they fell unconscious because the Evil Wizard caused a hammer to fly into their heads by magic. Princess Erica took care of the King and Queen while Prince Eric fought the Evil Wizard. Finally the Evil Wizard was defeated, so they celebrated.
What a coincidence! The celebration was on their wedding day!
Many years later, King Eric and Queen Erica had a baby boy. They named him Jack.
Jack grew up and married a beautiful, kind lady called Lucy.
One day, he became King too.
After that, the Evil Wizard was never seen again. Jack never knew why, but his mother and father Eric and Erica told him the story of why.
Before the Evil Wizard was killed, he created a fierce dragon.
Eric wanted to let King Jack fight the dragon but Erica wanted to keep him safe. Queen Lucy was pregnant; therefore she and King Jack were getting the baby’s room ready!
Meanwhile, Eric and Erica decided to put their ideas together and figured out what they were going to do. They decided that they would let King Jack fight the dragon but they would be there to make sure everything was alright.
After they had discussed their plan, they told King Jack.
Finally Jack found the dragon and the battle began…
First Jack tried to stab the dragon but he was too quick.
The dragon tried to kill him by striking him with a fireball.
But he used his shield. The dragon got very angry.
Eric and Erica were very scared but Jack wasn’t scared at all! This time Jack played dead and the dragon leaned down very close to him. Jack slowly brought his sword up to his mouth. The dragon didn’t take his eyes off him. Jack quickly stabbed the dragon’s throat and every one cheered. The old King and Queen gave him his prize. It was a delicious chocolaty hot chocolate with marshmallows on top and one little surprise…
His surprise was a little baby girl!!! Jack and Lucy named her Lily!
But oh no the dragon was a girl and it had laid five eggs...
They took care of them and they kept them as pets!
Poor Lily couldn’t have one until she was three years old.
Jack, Lucy, Erica and Eric didn’t know how to train the dragons, so they sent them to dragon obedience school.
After their first lesson it was like they had been to a million lessons it was amazing so they decided not to give them any more lessons.
Now they would do anything for a treat. They were very useful around the palace and Lily could have roasted marshmallows whenever she felt like it.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!