Santa Claus Has A Busy Night

Santa Claus has been busy for weeks. He had hundreds of letter from girls and boys all telling him what presents they would like for Christmas. He had sorted out the letters and made a long list. On the other side of the list he had written all the children's names and addresses so he would know where to go.

At last it was Christmas Eve, the night before Christmas. Santa had been even busier that day filling sacks and loading them onto is sleigh. He had fed his reindeers and now they were standing together ready to pull the heavy load. Rudolph, with his bright red nose, was out the front to lead the others. First he put on his red trousers, then his red coat, next his red hat and lastly his big black boots. By know all the children would be going to bed. Santa Claus had hoped that they would soon be asleep as he had so many places to visit. It was time to go, up, up into the clouds and back down over sleeping towns and cities, down, down to the roof tops below. Santa Claus stopped his sleigh, then took one heavy sack and climbed down the first chimney. He filled the stocking, and even a pillowcase for the big toys. Every time Santa Claus left a present he ticked a name off his list.

Some people left him a Mince Pie or a piece of cake. He was very pleased because climbing up and down the chimneys made him feel hungry. Being Santa Claus was not an easy job. There were houses where the chimney was too small and some with no chimneys at all. Some children were sick and in hospital and others were staying at a different house, but Santa didn't forget anyone. He climbed hundreds of stairs and tiptoed in and out of dark rooms to leave his presents.

While Rudolph and the other reindeers pulled the sleigh from place to place for Santa in the cold, cloudy and snowy air. He nearly lost his hat in the breeze. He flew over high mountains and over sandy deserts and over the sea. On and on through the night sky flew Santa Claus. This time e was on his way to a hot country where it was summer, not winter. Phew! He wished that he could take off his thick red coat and his furry boots.

At last Santa Claus reached the last name on his list and he has finished. All the sacks were empty! It would be daylight; soon the children would be waking up. "Time to go home Rudolph>' he said. When Santa Claus got back home, the first thing he did was to feed his tired reindeers and up them to bed. Then he went into his house, took off his hat, coat and boots and sat in his big rocking chair, by the lovely warm fire.

The next day it was Christmas Day, Santa Claus thought about all the places he had visited and knew that all the children would be awake. He hoped they would be pleased with their presents. Some children hadn't been given the things they'd asked for, but Santa couldn't carry anymore. Some children would remember to say "Thank You", while others would forget. Santa went to sleep.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!