Haunted House

“Trick or treating time!”Fred yelled at the top of his lungs.
“Shut up, you’ll wake the neighbours.” I said putting my hand over his mouth.
See Fred is an outgoing person but is scared of basically anything he sees off any movie. I mean, who’s scared of a chipmunk!
The first house we target is always the biggest house in the street .We always gets lots of lollies from them. RING! We waited for a few minutes but there was no answer. We went around the back and knocked on the back door but still no answer.
”I wonder where everyone is.” Wondered Fred.
Then we turned around and saw an old abandoned farm house in their back yard.
“Honestly who keeps a farm house in their back yard?” said Fred stupidly. “I don’t feel like going in there!”
“Too bad.” I said as I started to walk down.

A few minutes later we arrived.
“Do we have to go in?” He asked cowardly.
We opened the door as it screeched like a girl watching a horror movie. It was completely dark in there and I don’t just mean dark I mean pitch black dark. It smelled like dog poo and every time I sniffed long strands of hair came up my nose.
“Let’s see if I can find a light switch around here?”
As I moved to my right I stepped on something that screeched like a cat if you step on its tail. Then I heard claws hit the ground as the creature ran away.
“Did you hear that?” Fred whimpered.
“I sure did.”
By now Fred had peed his pants- that is how scared he was. I finally found the light switch and turned it on. All we saw was a maze of hay. Giant paws emerged out of the darkness, much too big to be a dogs.
”I-is that- a-a w-wolf.” Fred staggered.
“I-I think.”
It leaped at us, massive teeth coming closer and closer and closer. We thought we were going to die until...BANG! Some guy leaped into the air, tackling the massive wolf to the ground and chaining it to a nearby pole. The wolf looked furious. Another three wolves leaped out of the shadows and charged at the man. He got one by the scruff of the neck and threw him at the other two, knocking them unconscious. But he didn’t see one. It tackled him to the ground, knocking Fred off his feet. As Fred fell, he hit a stack of hay. The hay was going to hit the man and the wolf.
”RUN!” We both yelled at the top of our lungs.
The wolf that got chained up was trying to break free by chewing on the chain. The man leaped off the wolf and ran grabbing us both by the collars and got outside. He threw us on the grass and locked the shed up. All we heard was wolves banging on the door. Then all I saw was black.

When I woke up my mum was looking at me. I was on my couch but Fred wasn’t there.
“Was it a dream?” I asked.
“No, it wasn’t.”
“But who was that man?”
The man walked into the room.
“I am your Uncle.”

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!