Fat Kevin Goes Pop!

“Next time on ‘Monkey Goes Ape,’” belted out the T.V, as Kevin rolled off the lounge to get the silver remote. The lounge room was dirty, dark, messy and disgusting. He looked under the empty coke bottles and under the half eaten mud cake, but he couldn’t find it anywhere. He felt something hard on his back when he got back to the lounge. It was the remote stuck to his back with cheeseburger cheese.
Kevin was a nice boy who was pretty smart. He was ugly and his unshaven face was spiky like a porcupine’s back. One thing about Kevin that everyone knew when they saw him was that he loved to eat in front of the T.V.
One day I said to Kevin, “Mate, you’re getting so fat that you will pop one day!” Little did I knew that it was actually going to happen!
This day Kevin was sitting on his couch. He had a salt and vinegar potato chip I his big, fat hand. He shoved it in his mouth. AND BANG! HE POPPED! He burst out of the chimney.
I was walking down the street when I saw Kevin in the air floating like a balloon. “I told you so,” I yelled.
Kevin flew past all the neighbours. He got half way down the street then he flew into Mrs Pickle’s backyard. In Mrs Pickle’s backyard there was a trampoline because her grandkids always came over. Kevin bounced upwards about three times before I got there. I yelled again, I told you so!” Kevin bounced two more times after I arrived. He was lying there very still when Mrs Pickle waddled out. OH MY GOD” she yelled. Kevin was laying there as still as could be.
I then dragged Kevin back to his house, down the street. Mrs Pickle came too. She gave Kevin a good talking to about staying healthy and all about exercise.
After Mrs Pickle left, Kevin said to me, “Mate, I should have listened to you, I’m sorry.” Kevin gave me a big hug. He never grew fat again and even if he pigged out on mud cake in front of the TV he would always work it off again, on Mrs Pickle’s trampoline.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!