Jazz's Adventure

It was a dark and windy night in Africa. The landscape was filled with the howling of the wind. The trees, bushes, savannah grasses swayed in the strong breeze, and there were footsteps of nocturnal animals in the area. A boisterous aardvark named Jazz and his brother Jack emerged from their comfortable burrow, with their mother Flower.
“I’m starving, don’t be a snail and hurry up!” said Jack impatiently; he hung his head as he glared at Flower and Jazz.
“All right already, don’t need to be a jumpy cheetah!” snapped Flower, glaring back at Jack.
“Sorry,” apologised Jack miserably.
“I should think so,” said Jazz. They headed off to hunt ants and termites. They were plentiful around this time of the year.
Suddenly a dangerous python appeared as Jazz, Jack and Flower were feeding at a tall termite nest. They swung around to see the python slithering hungrily towards them.
“Oh great, we’re cornered!” yelled Jack worriedly.
“The only solution is, we have to fight!” said Jack confidently, the python then charged at Jack.
But Jack stood there frozen with fear; the python aggressively whacked him with his tail. Jack fell backwards behind Jazz and Flower.
“How dare you hurt my brother!” shouted Jazz angrily as he went at the python with his strong claws.
Without Jazz or the python noticing, Jack with a big effort due to his injury on one of his hind limbs, jumped then landed on the python’s tail! He stumbled off as the python slithered away hissing in pain. Jack tumbled and fell to the ground in front of Flower.
Flower examined Jack’s injury then licked it.
“You’ll be fine, it is just a bad bruise, that’s all. You know bruises right? They just come, and go.” comforted Flower as she licked Jack. Jazz came over.
“Despite your injury, Jack, you basically saved our lives,” Jazz pointed out. Jack looked proud.
“Don’t mention it”. said Jack very proud of himself as he forced himself onto his feet.
Jazz, Jack and Flower continued their meal. After that, the bright sun began to rise in the distance.
“I think it’s time we have a rest,” suggested Flower.
“Yeah, what a night.” agreed Jack sleepily. Without a fuss, they returned to their comfortable burrow. Jazz, Jack and Flower entered their home. In no time at all, they were curled up beside each other fast asleep.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!