Olivia's Imagination

Olivia Queen was a teenage girl in the small town of Bowen. She was viscously teased because she was an unrelenting daydreamer but that was the way she was.

“You’re a weirdo, you are weird.” chanted the bullies as Olivia ran away from them. She hated the bullies who surround at lunch at school. They teased about her weirdness, her lack of ability to conform. The fact she didn’t look like an ordinary beauty with her tall and skinny build and daydreamer’s eyes. She ran with her wavy black hair stemming behind her to a beautiful willow tree and hid behind its branches.

Olivia sat there panting and started to daydream the pain of the teasing away as she turned people into magical creatures. Olivia was so confused as why the bullies were going after her. Why pick on her when she didn’t do anything to them. Olivia imagined the teachers were powerful magicians who had control over the others and the headmaster was the most powerful of them all. The mischievous troublemakers were cheeky pixies and she was a gentle fairy who was bullied by the fearsome trolls.

Suddenly a pixie rushed into her hiding spot and said “she’s here”. A troll pulled her out and started teasing and hitting her. Olivia tried to get free and run, but it was hopeless. Nothing worked as she didn’t even know why this was happening. More punches landed on her and she winced in pain. Suddenly the head magician appeared and casted a powerful holding spell shouting “Zeta” and froze the troll. Beckoning to the troll, the head magician forced the troll to follow him.

A bell rang and all the fantasy and magic disappeared and everyone was human. Olivia was still sore and injured and needed help to get to the sick bay. The nurses in the sick bay tried to make her feel better and her imagination made them beautiful and kind angels who healed the sick. By the end of the day she felt well enough, because of the angels’ magic, to face the next day.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!