Scared Of A Reptile

Out of all the bad things in my life this has to be the worst. My mum just signed me up to a reptile clinic. What a nightmare. I hate reptiles, I hate snakes, I hate crocodiles, and I hate every reptile that ever lived on earth. My mum knows that. But she still signed me up. I bet she signed me up just because she thinks I’m scared of reptiles. Well I’m not, I just totally hate them. They’re slimy, spiny and they bite but that does not mean I am scared of them. Oh yeah, and another thing. I have to go to that dumb place tomorrow.
(The next day)
AHHHH it’s today! “Honey get ready it’s nearly time to go” my mum said. “Ok, I’m coming” I mumbled. Man I wish this was a dream. Well it is for the best I said as I plopped on to the car seat and slammed the door shut. I thought to myself as mum opened the door, I’m not getting out, I refuse. “Well” my mum said, “I will just have to make you then.” “No, No I will repeat, I will never move!”
(2 minutes later)
Finally she convinced me with a push and a shove. As mum left the teacher said, “Now it’s time to choose your future friend.” Haaa I thought my troubles were over,” I mumbled as I line up trying not to worry. I got closer and closer every step was louder, then I shouted “NO I HATE REPTILES!” I ran off in tears. The teacher ran after me then I turned to the teacher and hugged her and she wiped away the tears. “Come on what is wrong?” the teacher said. “Well…I...well” my voice slowly drew quieter as I tried again. “Well I’m just a little scared of reptiles” I said as I slowly turned my head and something caught my eye. I slowly walked over and to my surprise it was a turtle, my favourite animal. I ran to the teacher. “Can I have this?” “Sure,” she said in a secret grin. Well it is not that bad, I thought as I sat at a desk.
Then the teacher handed out a piece of paper and said, “Now I want you all to write as many thins as you know about your reptile.” I started writing then I heard a voice. “Let me out please!” I look around, then I heard it again, “Please let me out!” Hmmm… where could it be coming from? Then it hit me, it was the turtle. I opened the box. Ha! It’s you. The turtle said, “Who?” I said in surprise, “You!” The turtle replied, “Me, why me hurry and we must get out of here, I will explain.” I went to stand up when the ground started shaking. Then a fiery soldier rose from the deep of the laver and said “You will be destroyed and there’s no escaping now” he said as he rose his spear and threw it like lightning into the air. I screamed as I ran out when the turtle said, “Wait, you must protect the people with your powers!” “What powers?” I said as I ran to my parents. Then the soldier said, “I destroyed them!” I was so angry that I threw sparks to the air. Then everything went pitch black. I woke up the next morning and everything was back to normal but my turtle little still speaks to this day.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!