Eco

Eliza Gannon ; Age 10; 9 Stuart St Armadale 3143 Victoria
Erasmus School ; Grade 4

Eco

Late one night Eco the echidna slowly waddled around the billabong slowly, slowly until; “Ow ow ooowwww.” he came to a bramble bush and heard yelping, and saw a small ear poking out from above, found a golden dingo, stuck, still yelping, bleeding and not as you might call it in a comfortable position, scared, reluctant and nervous Eco started to dig for water for the dingo to drink. After digging for about an hour Eco still hadn’t found any water. But just then a spurt of water jumped at him. HE HAD FOUND WATER! By now it was morning.
Just as he was turning around to find his friends he heard a squawk of laughter as Chuckle the Kookaburra (one of his best friends) swooped down to eco looking rather worried.
“Eco, where have you been?” He breathed. “I’ve been looking for you everywhere!” There was a long silence as eco was thinking of something that wouldn’t startle his friend too much. Then Eco said slowly.
“I found an animal stuck in the bramble bush over here.” Then he stopped for a moment and said. “Can you help me Chuckle?” Suddenly Bounce (The Kangaroo) crashed through the branches breaking every second branch as he went. But then…
“Ow Ow Ooooowwww!!!”
“Is that your new friend you wanted me to save?” Said Chuckle sounding a little worried, but he was mostly joking. Bounce laughed but stopped suddenly when he saw the solemn face of Eco. Then slowly Eco nodded his head. Bounce and Chuckle shrieked at the thought of their friend liking a dingo plus the fact that they were supposed to save it. The dingo started to lap up the water, after drinking about three quarters of it, it said.
“Thankyou but please get me out of this bramble bush.” There was a little pause then Eco spoke.
“Could you?” But he was drowned by the sound of…
“Eco, Eco, Eco where are you?”
Then Trudge bustled in. Trudge was a wombat who didn’t really like taste of grass. “But can’t you all PLEASE help me get this dingo out of this bramble bush.”
Eco continued quietly “OK” They all groaned including Trudge who hadn’t heard what Eco had said because she had been to happy about finding Eco to really listen. “OK “said Eco “Let’s get to work.”
They did….
And when they finally finished they danced together!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!