Sandy

A tear rolled down my cheek as I stroked Sandys mane.I layed my head on her neck, feeling terribly sad.I'll never see my beautiful little Sandy again. You see, Sandy had a problem with her legs so we paid for the operation to fix the disease.Now it's come back and we can't afford another operation.The first one cost thousands and it didn't work so I think we should get a refund but they wont give us one.We'll have to sell her to the Wilsons up the road.They have a little girl, just younger than me.
I slowly stumbled out of the barn, my thoughts swirling around in my head. My dad came out of the barn holding a blue bucket with some browny stuff in it. "Pumpkin, can you take this up to the bench while I unsaddle Sandy?"I felt a wave of grieve suddenly roll over me as tears sprang into my eyes.I grabbed the bucket and ran inside, sitting it on the bench on the way up to my room. I leapt onto my bed and pushed my head hard in my pillow. How could this be happening to me? Sandy has been my best friend since I was three and now I'm about to lose her.There are not many kids my age in this town so Sandy is my only friend. To lose her would be like losing Mum or Dad.
Suddenly, dad was shaking me, telling me to wake up.I sat up and realized I had fallen asleep! Dad was beaming with the biggesst grin I've ever seen. I looked at him and realized why he was grinning. Was that all he cared about?The money? I bet he was happy to sell Sandy as long as he got money. I frowned at him and he just smiled back at me."Pumkin"he started, barely containing himself,"You know how I went into town the other day to get some things and I stopped at the newsagency?" I just nodded dumbly without a clue where this was going."Well I bought a lottery ticked and WON!"I looked at him. If this was a joke, I'll kill him.I really will."Really?"I asked dumbly,not knowing what to say. Hardly possible, his grin got wider. I think if it stretched anymore the edges would be hanging off his face."Come on!" he almost shouted "Lets go and get the operation and tell the Wilsons the deal is off."
Well, I thought the little girl would be angry, sad or even cry but she was happy for us!We got the operation for Sandy and we can keep her!! My best friend,my only friend is staying and she'll be easier to ride than ever.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!