Darkness

Darkness, too dark for the eye’s to see, I can feel something sticky, warm, trickling down my back to my thighs all way to my ankles. I look down to see a shiny crimson liquid spread across my flesh. BLOOD! I can’t think of that right now, not now. I have to find somewhere to hide, HE’s after me. The deserted street is still, soundless yet has a sense of hazard lingering in the air. In fact the only sound that can be heard for miles is my staggered breathing more uneven than a mountain top and my heart racing faster than an Olympic runner. Thud, thud, thud my footsteps faster and faster gradually getting louder and louder. Sprinting down the uneven cobblestone street, I hit something in my path. Something rigid, hard, unbreakable even.
I plummet to the ground. It’s cold and bumpy, the raw autumn air circling my head blowing my hair in a chaotic knot all over my face. Oh no the same sticky warm feeling only dripping down my forearms. I reluctantly look down not wanting to know what’s happened because I can already guess. None the less I have to see the damage. A mixture of scarlet blood, dark plum bruises mingling across the spaces of my arm leaking out of a slice from my elbow to my wrist. A combination wet blood and sewage makes me retch with disgust as the putrid smell wafts up my nostril making my brain fuzzy and unable to think.
I want to scream, my injuries are driving me crazy with pain but I have to hold it in for my own safety. Finally I have to give in it hurts so badly, I let out a scream. Uh-oh I’m in trouble now. But somehow I feel better almost even though I’m lying in the middle of the road in pitch black, bleeding- no dying, my heart racing, my ear drums throbbing making me almost deaf. Instant shock was sent down my spine almost like being possessed I felt the same but somehow different dangerous but safe. A shadow creeps over the moon. It’s over. I’ll just lay here and let him win.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!