You, Who Deserted Me

I woke, to the finches on the sill, tiny glints of hope in the vast sky.

I searched, an innocent in the strange world of materials, you welcomed with kind eyes, a beacon amongst the mistrusting.

I ventured, pushing myself further and further with you at my back, my guardian angel.

I climbed, unable to stop, unable to rest, as you, so vicious now, chased me higher and higher, until there was no-where left to go.

I fell, the world rushing past me, leaving me to crumble like ancient ruins in the dry grass.

I wept, as the sun set on my my dreams, seeping like crimson blood over the horizon - slowly but surely, so that I could not run.

I waited, for what seemed like an eternity and there was nothing in front or behind of me. But then I was reborn, stronger than before.

I grew, picking myself up, somehow, telling myself to be stronger.

I turned, facing the sun. Tomorrow was another day.

I saw the light, illuminating your face as you shuddered in the pain of your own lies.

And I forgave you.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!